Monday, November 10, 2008

Gayla and Boose, true love for 35 years... :)

35 years ago on this date my mom and dad got married. It's hard to find people who have been married for 35 years. But it has never been a doubt in my mind that they will be together for the rest of their lives. They are still completely head over heels for each other.

Photobucket

We went to Disney when I was 4 I think, I don't really remember much, except the tea cups and Alice in Wonderland kissing my cheek, but I do remember one thing very clearly. We drove down to Orlando because my mom is afraid of heights (no airplanes), so we were in the backseat of the car and mom wanted to stop for the night, and dad said we were going to go a bit farther (typical 'I can't give up that easy' attitude), voices weren't raised but they argued for a bit and Jade said "Are you guys going to get a divorce?" I think the car came to a screeching halt. We pulled in the next hotel, and dad sat all three of us on the trunk of the Pontiac Presienne and they explained thoroughly that they would NEVER get a divorce. That they loved each other so much, and just because they may have little arguments doesn't mean they can't work through them. This is the only part of the trip down that I remember clearly, I think my little brain said "register this, it's important"! :)

Photobucket

I can't say thank you enough to both my mom and dad. My mom is my best friend. I can talk to her about anything and she gives me a no-b.s. answer and is frank and honest. Even though sometimes I don't want to hear what she has to say (because I am like my father in the way of stubborness)I always take it into consideration, and after doing it my way doesn't work (ha ha) I usually find the answer in what she had to say. My mom is a wonderful person, a beautiful & strong woman, a terrific Grandmother, and she has always taught me to stand up and take responsibility. I love you, Mom.
My dad is the best dad in the ENTIRE WORLD. In many ways our personalities are similar. He's my go-to guy when we can't figure something out on our own, he's always there. He's the one who has always stood up for me when I needed him to, and I have actually been hated for the relationship I have with my dad which kinda makes me chuckle. :) I love you dad, I can't wait to learn so much more from you as I get older and I hope that Liberty comes to realize what a precious relationship she has with you.

Cheers to Boose and Gayla! We love you!

No comments: