Friday, January 7, 2011

Some things I am not calling resolutions :)

The New Year is here. So are resolutions. Do you have one? The only one I have been able to keep is that I won't cut my hair. That one has been going on for 2 years now, thankyouverymuch. :)

I hate the idea of New Years Resolutions. It just seems so temporary to me. Something to nag yourself about for about 2 weeks until you divulge in your weakness and then feel guilty about it. Bah. Don't get me wrong, I love when people make goals and the such, but who in their right mind thinks that just because we changed a calendar, you will change your life in one fall swoop? Not this girl.

Why am I bringing all this up? Because I have made goals (NOT resolutions) for this year and I am going to share them with you. But I am making these goals without pressure. If I don't do them? Who cares? Will the world fall apart because I might fail at something? Um, no. I am human. So here goes my pressure-free list of imagination-worthy and some realistic goals ;)

1. I won't cut my hair. ;)

2. Get up the nerve to be on the outside who I am on the inside. (And to squash rumors, this is about the skinny girl living in there. The bohemian skinny girl who wants to rock out all the clothes on this Etsy shop. You may send me gift certificates to this shop, please and thank you.)

3. To enjoy my husband more.

4. To make more time for me.

5. To make more time for family (which should just be combined with the last one, because I feel it is all one.)

6. To remind myself that the imperfections aren't like bruises on fruit.. It's just a place to grow.

7. To see God is in all things.

8. To appreciate the people who appreciate me, more.

9. Search inside myself. Deeper understanding.

10. To be healthier. In every aspect, not just food or physically.

11. To embrace changes.

12. To learn to let the natural flow take hold. I cannot cannot control ANYTHING. Control is an illusion <3

13. To be there for my husband & kids. REALLY be there.

14. To actually do my hair at least 4 times a week. ;) No ponytails!

15. To discover some new shows/bands this year.

16. To attend a ekoostic hookah show, since I haven't ever been to one! EVER.

17. To let things go. No more letting other peoples stress tangle me up.

18. To laugh more :)

19. To have one (or more) summer night barefoot, on a blanket, a bottle of wine, under the stars, with my husband.

20. To have one (or more) summer night barefoot, on a blanket, many bottles of wine, under the stars, with my best friends.

21. To do one thing I have never ever done before.

22. To give back.

23. To start a non-profit.

24. To travel.

25. To have a vacation, on a beach, like we were SUPPOSED to do last summer, that work swallowed up.

26. Not feel guilty when I take a day off.

27. To paint my toenails all the colors I have at least once this year.

28. To read 5 books. About God. And Joan Baez ;)

29. To conserve & protect the earth all that I can as one of the persons in charge of a family.

30. To write more. Write of myself, and inner being. Not just write words.

31. To use my home camera more than I use my work camera.

32. To end this year feeling that I found out a little more about myself.

33. To really get to know my parents, my brothers.

34. To find more weight in my own opinion of myself, than others' about me.

35. To rekindle an old friendship.

36. To allow others who appreciate me in, and keep those who want to hurt me out.

37. To tell more people about spirituality and living in the Holy Spirit.

38. To be a shoulder to cry on, and to get one in return when I need it.

39. To *maybe* get the gonads to dread my hair. ;)

40. To be able to change someone's life.

No comments: